• S/he is able to write English and Arabic;
• S/he is able to speak Arabic fluently and understand a complex conversation;
• S/he is able to communicate in English and understand complex conversations;
• S/he has at least a bachelor's degree, preferably from an Arabic-speaking institution;
• S/he has work experience with international organizations;
• S/he has experience with monitoring and evaluation of projects;
• S/he is organized and detail-oriented;
• S/he has good command of Microsoft Office package and social media.
• A strong work ethic, good communications skills, willingness to travel to partner communities, and flexibility are important assets for this position.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
1 – Discuss and design overall project targeted MES with PC. Outline the relation between project MES and overall company MES
2 – Design questionnaires and forms in coordination with PC as needed
Anticipated workload for tasks 1 and 2: 40 hrs / semester
3 – Conduct baseline survey in every community in PDTRA and follow up interviews. Tabulate and analyze data. Produce a report.
4 – Obtain filled in pre- and post- assessment forms from trainees at the end of each course. Tabulate and analyze data. Produce a report.
Anticipated workload for tasks 3 and 4: 360 hrs / semester
5 – Obtain reports from Office Manager (OM hereafter). Process data and prepare monthly reports.
Anticipated workload for task 5: 240hrs / semester
6 – Follow up with trainees to track employment rate. Tabulate data and prepare a report.
7 – Prepare final report for the project, including quantitative and qualitative indicators as outlined in the MES.
Anticipated workload for tasks 6 and 7: 40 hrs / semester
8 – Collect feedback and complaints and file a monthly report to the board.
9 – Submit monthly report including time sheet.
Anticipated workload for tasks 11 and 12: 40 hrs / semester
Most of the work can be performed remotely. Nevertheless, the M&E Officer is expected to perform baseline survey and follow up interviews in person in the communities and, if needed, organize focus groups in a facility in the community or at the company office.
It is also expected that the M&E Officer will spend a minimum of 150 hrs working at the office company in Wadi Mousa.